The wedding team at Bryn Meadows Golf Hotel & Spa, based in Caerphilly, are giving away a wedding! The team meet so many couples throughout the year who dream of getting married, but when presented with the costs are not always able to afford it straight away.
When the opportunity presented itself to give away this prize the team thought why not?! It really is a fantastic prize and it is believed that is unique to Bryn Meadows, it is not something other resorts in the area have been able to do. This has also been supported by some of the venues preferred wedding suppliers including Henrietta Vintage Car Hire, Embrace Wedding Videography, Wedding Gems, Lovey Dovey UK and Ultrabooth.
The winning couple are Kelly Andrews and Daniel Coombes, both aged 25. In their entry they told us that they met 5 years ago; it was love at first sight and they have been inseparable ever since. It has been a tough year for them both, as Kelly was diagnosed with Leukaemia earlier this year and on several occasions Dan was told to prepare for the worst. Kelly underwent a Stem Cell transplant, and has been told that this is successful and she is now in recovery. There will still be hospital visits for some time, but the main focus is on their little girl, Ruby. During certain treatments Kelly was unable to see her, due to the risk of infection, which was very difficult. Both were keen to mention, they did not want to be chosen because of their hardship, but because they love each other and dream of be married. They have been engaged for 3 years, and want to share a special day with their friends and family who have supported them so much.
Kelly said; “Myself and Dan are over the moon with winning this prize. We’ve had such a horrible year so this will be an amazing way to end it. Both of us cannot wait to see our little girl dressed up like a princess, and to celebrate our wedding day with all the people we love. Thank you so much for picking us as your winners.”
The lucky couple have won the following worth over £5,000:
- The couple are to be married in The Barn Suite on Friday 30th December 2016
- A drinks reception will follow the ceremony
- A two course wedding breakfast including a glass of wine for each guest
- Bryn Meadows resident DJ for evening entertainment
- A light evening buffet for all guests
- The couple can spend their wedding night in one of the Premier Wedding Suites
- The bride will have her make up done by the Fusion Spa team at Bryn Meadows
- The bride or groom can arrive in style; Henrietta Vintage Car Hire are providing a car and will stay for photographs
- Embrace Wedding Videography can film the arrival at the resort, the wedding ceremony and signing of the register plus highlights of the photoshoot. There is also the opportunity to include the speeches and first dance.
- The Barn Suite will be decorated by Wedding Gems who will provide chair covers and bows, matching the chosen colour theme, plus white fairy light curtains for the 3 French windows.
Lovey Dovey has donated 2 doves in cages decorated to match your wedding theme, and a speech written especially for you to reflect the meaning of doves at your wedding, before releasing them.
- For evening entertainment Ultrabooth are providing a photo booth, which includes a full set of the photographs taken
Gavyn Bolton, General Manager at Bryn Meadows said;
“What a way to end 2016 and start the New Year as a married couple. Your wedding really should be the most memorable day of your life, but we understand that sometimes, having your dream day can be costly. I am ecstatic that my team are able to offer Kelly and Dan the opportunity to win a wedding day package like this. We have a great reputation for weddings having been nominated and shortlisted over the last four years as ‘Best Venue’ in our region at the Welsh National Wedding Awards.
We received nearly 350 entries over the 2 week period, so narrowing down a shortlist was very difficult. Myself and the Wedding Team met a few couples last week, which made the final decision even harder. It was fantastic to read so many different and interesting stories, and in our way get to know these couples a bit better. If only we could have given them all the prize! What struck us about Kelly and Dan, was not their hardship, but the love they clearly have for each other, their outlook on life, and their exciting plans for the future with their daughter.”