Golf Awareness Month was created to encourage people who may not think they would like golf to give it a try and benefit from all this sport has to offer. The best way to celebrate Golf Month is to get out and play some golf! If you’re someone who already plays golf, maybe try getting some friends or family members who have never tried to join you for a few hours on the course. And if you’ve never tried, it’s the perfect time to start!
Introducing Tasha Gobey
We have a new PGA Professional Golfer, Tasha Gobey. She grew up in RCT and started playing at 11 years old before turning Pro in 2012. She’s had one hole in one, and her dream 4 ball would be with Tiger Woods, Annika Sörenstam and Seve Ballesteros.
- Double Distinction BTEC Sport Development Coaching and Fitness
- PGA Qualified in 2015
- Dragon Sports Wales certification of recognition of voluntary work with Development of Wales, teaching school children in Rhondda Cynon Taf
Tasha will be leading our Junior Golf Summer Camps, alongside David and Katy during the school holidays. These are for 5-9 year olds, or 10-14 year olds. The sessions cover short game, balance and co-ordination, circuit training, putting, chipping, swing, pitching, speed control and alignment and course management.
- Represented Wales Under 18’s Team
- Glamorgan Ladies County Champion 2009 and 2010
- Represented Glamorgan Ladies and Girls Team
- County Junior Sports Personality of the Year 2016
- Elite Athlete Award of County Schools 2009
- Won the National Golf Foundation Girls Under 14’s in Great Britain 2005
- Won Wales Ladies Gold Medal in 2006
- Wales Girls Champion Runner Up 2009
- Attended Division 1 University of Toledo
- Won Mid Conference America (MAC) Player of the Week